In 2004 after two decades working in the security services industry, Richard Cottom
, CPP, left his position as Vice President of Public Safety at Drexel University to form Sovereign Security — a security services company that would be different.
He envisioned and established a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) that combined world-class processes, systems and people, the bedrock of national security companies he'd worked for, with the customer intimacy and accountability advantages of a local owner-operator structure; creating a powerful combination that is second to none.
Sovereign Security is committed to ensuring the safety and security of customers and their assets with highly trained, properly aligned, quality-focused, professional personnel. By partnering with customers, Sovereign can focus on what is critical, such as reliability and attention to detail, to foster each customer's success. Sovereign Security also provides employees with opportunities to learn jobs skills that prepare them for a career in the Security Services
Businesses, government entities, educational institutions and others rely on Sovereign Security. Some of our clients include a major municipal housing authority and convention center, major national security companies, one of the largest facility management services in the U.S., and charter schools, to name a few.
Sovereign Security's unique security-services formula has been instrumental in building a company that:
- Has been recognized as one of the "Philadelphia 100" fastest growing companies;
- Has won the 2013 Inner City 100 award that recognizes the fastest growing urban businesses in America;
- Has won the Future 50 award that recognizes the 50 fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia area;
- Has been named to the SmartCEO 100 community of CEOs who operate the 100 best run companies in the region;
- Has won the Minority Enterprise Development (MED) award; and
- Has earned multiple Small Business Administration, state and minority enterprise certifications.